You can call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) at any time to find drug treatment centers near you. (Photo information)
Do You or a Loved One Have a Drug Abuse Problem?
Here are some questions to ask yourself or someone you know. If the answer to some or all of these questions is yes, you might have an addiction.
- Do you think a lot about drugs?
- Did you ever try to stop or cut down on your drug use but couldn't?
- Have you ever thought you couldn't fit in or have a good time without drugs?
- Do you ever use drugs because you are upset or angry at other people?
- Have you ever used a drug without knowing what it was or what it would do to you?
- Have you ever taken one drug to get over the effects of another?
- Have you ever made mistakes at a job or at school because you were using drugs?
- Does the thought of running out of drugs really scare you?
- Have you ever stolen drugs or stolen stuff to pay for drugs?
- Have you ever been arrested or in the hospital because of your drug use?
- Have you ever overdosed on drugs?
- Has using drugs hurt your relationships with other people?
You can call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) to find drug treatment in your area.
Drawn from Am I an Addict? © 1988, by NA World Services, Inc. Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.